Tuesday, July 27, 2010

:D

Today was just SO much fun! I absolutely love the Cavman Game. Everything got so intense and emotional and real! As Sari-Rose put it, "it is the given reality in set of imaginary circumstances at its best." I mean wow. I felt so beautifully human. When I commenced the ritual of hitting the floor for mourning, it turned into a heartbeat. Everyone was connected and committed. And when someone died, their death was felt! Chloe just about summed it up: cathartic. As Ian was telling us to go back in time, it was almost an out-of-body experience. I felt the weight of my life as "Dylan" lifting, and suddenly I was this animal in a jungle. And it felt raw and emotional and alive. Everything from adopting Courtney as my baby sister to trying to bury George felt to starting a dance of joy in praise of the sun returning felt so real. It makes me think that that is the way acting should be (minus all the screaming and sacrificial murder but..). ;D Last year when we played I was pretty much the crazy outcast who did his own thing, and it probably had to do with my lack of maturity as an actor. But this time, when I really was reacting, I was able to enjoy the game to its fullest.

ANYWAY, I think the run through went rather well. And though I admitted my tendency to whore myself for laughs, I felt my performance today was coming from a good place. All my lines came to me eventually, and I don't believe I called for line once! :) Now I just need to get my cues solid and maybe run the sonnet scene with the other guys a couple times: I know we skipped something! I love you all! Till' tomorrow.

--Dylan Goodman

No comments:

Post a Comment