Monday, July 26, 2010

UTA HAGEN!

Sorry for posting this late...

WHO ARE YOU?
I am Katharine of Alencon, an upper class, well off young woman. I'm pretty smart, and I love messing with guys who think they're in love with me. ;)
WHERE ARE YOU?
I am outside the court of Navarre, in an unknown field, in a generally foreign landscape. I'm pretty far away from home, and reasonably pissed off that I don't get to sleep in a big soft bed because of all of the men's vows, that ends up getting broken anyway.
WHAT TIME IS IT?
It's present day. Mostly, it's time to relax and gossip and play pranks on our lovers. When we receive news of the King of France's death, though, it is time to mourn and return home.
WHAT SURROUNDS YOU?
I'm in a large, dusty field. The only thing that keeps me from throwing a full-on tantrum is that I have the Princess, Rosaline, and Maria to gossip with and plan pranks with. I'm also surrounded by the men of Navarre- I don't pay much attention to them. Although Dumain is really, really hot. Good thing he's madly in love with me.
WHAT ARE YOUR RELATIONSHIPS?
Princess--> I am very close to her. We, of course, are comfortable sharing details about our ridiculous lovers and love lives in general, but I definitely rely on her for much more than that.
Rosaline--> I enjoy her company, but I sense she is constantly trying to impress the Princess, and that cause some tension between us.
Maria--> I'm good friends with Maria. I've known her for less time than the other ladies, but she's quite smart and I like making fun of Longaville and Dumain with her.
Dumain--> If only he was smarter, I would actually respect him as well as I respect my ladies. Even though he is pretty stupid, he is pretty much the hottest guy ever, and although I would NEVER admit it to anyone (except the Princess) I do like him a lot...
Other lords--> They are pretty full of themselves, but that only makes it more fun to mock them.
WHAT ARE YOUR GIVEN CIRCUMSTANCES?
I'm a very well-off young woman. I should really be getting married soon. In fact, my father has been putting the pressure on for a couple of years now. However, I don't really let that affect me. I enjoy mocking men too much, and it is quite surprising that Dumain has stuck around through some of my crueler moments. I'm on a sort of vacation in a foreign kingdom, which is turning out to be a lot less glamorous than I expected.
WHAT DO YOU WANT?
I want to tease Dumain to the best of my abilities, but still have him stay around after my year of mourning. I want him to truly be in love with me, as opposed to the other men who have claimed just that and then given up once I started with the teasing.
WHAT IS IN THE WAY OF WHAT YOU WANT?
It is quite possible that my unrelenting teasing will take its toll and drive Dumain away.
HOW WILL YOU GET WHAT YOU WANT?
Because I'm a complicated teenager, I can't see any other way than to just keep teasing him. There is a point, though, where I'm pretty sure it's safe to show some affection. I become more solid in this resolution, and then realize that I have to leave to mourn the Princess's father. I'm really upset about it, but hopefully he will keep his word. If he's still waiting around after a year, I can be positive that he really loves me.
HOW WILL YOU KNOW WHEN YOU'VE GOTTEN WHAT YOU WANT?
When I have gone through a full year of mourning and Dumain is still waiting for me, I will know that we were meant to be. Until then, he's just another guy.


No comments:

Post a Comment