Saturday, July 24, 2010

A Trip Into The Mind of Sir Nathanial by Austin Dennis

1) Who Am I?

I am Sir Nathanial. I am twenty eight years old. I am a curate. I am an academic. I am a leader as well as a follower. I am an intellect. I am not a fighter. Nor am I an actor. I am a man built to use my brain as my primary organ.

2) Where Am I?

- I am in the court of Navarre, in the country of Navarre, which is in the general area of Europe.


3) What Time Is It?

- It is 2010 in the Year of Our Lord, or in laymen’s terms, present day..


4) What Surrounds Me?

- Intelligence and, sadly, a good amount of ignorance as well. Love, of course. People I look down upon, my superiors, and the one person I hold above others in intelligence and general person.

5) What Are My Relationships?

Holofernes – I respect him. He is my superior in class, status and intelligence. He…. Well, as it has been said before, I believe he “hung the moon and stars”. He is the focus of my wants.

Dull – Ignorant man, if only he would get an education! He frustrates me. He has such potential and does not act on it.

Costard – There is no hope for this man.

Don Ardiano de Armando – He is flamboyant to an excess and though he and Holofernes can get along well, neither has much respect for the other and therein I hold him in my box of people I show general distain for.

Moth – Moth has not yet wronged myself nor Holofernes, but neither has he garnered my respect, either.

The Lords And Ferdinand– They believe they are intelligent, yet by default they become the fools they are when they are in love. Yet, at the same time I must respect them, for they are my betters.

The Ladies and The Princess – I respect them. They hold their wit well and know a fool by the look of them.


6) What Are My Given Circumstances?

Well, for the final scene (I choose this scene because I cannot do this for the full play) I have just been coerced into being in a play by Holofernes, and as I mentioned above, I am no actor.


7) What Do I Want?

I want to please Holofernes, and someday have him be pleased enough to be his equal.


8) What Is In The Way?

Well, for a start, I am his lesser. I am also his lesser in my intelligence.


9) How Am I Going To Get it?

I must… continue on the path I am. Continue to study, to work, and tutor under him.


10) How Will I Know When I Have Got It?

I will know…. Well, I will know when I am appreciated. I believe that’s how. There is no… logical response to such a question, considering my wants, so I do not believe I can properly word exactly how I will know.

No comments:

Post a Comment