Friday, July 23, 2010

Uta Hagen

Yay for Uta Hagen, but I have yet to recieve any Uta Huggin'!! :(

1. Who am I?
I am a--no--THE Princess of France. I am royalty. I am a love interest. I am a lady who enjoys mocking men and making them look like fools.

2. Where am I?
I am in France. I am in a field outside the court of Navarre.

3. What time is it?
It is modern day. The present. A time of confusion (Aquataine business). A time for mockery and trickery (men). A time to mourn (at the end--my daddy's death).

4. What surrounds me?
Wide open fields. Deer (particularly prickets). My train of lovely ladies. Men and women who are in love with one another.

5. What is my relationship?
Me --> Katherine: She is my confidante. I rely on her the most out of all my ladies and I trust her the most.
Me --> Rosaline: She proves herself to me by plotting along with me and mocking her lover.
Me --> Maria: She's a newbie to the train of ladies. I don't know her very well but I still enjoy her company and she's a great gossip buddy.
Me --> Ferdinand: I love him but I refuse to admit it and try not to show it.
Me --> other men: They're beneath me and I don't care for them much however I do notice how good looking they all are and flirt shamelessly with Biron during the Russian/Masking bit.

6. What are the given circumstances?
My father is ill. My ladies and I have travelled a long way to get to Navarre and the King insists on lodging us in the field. >:(

**7. What do I want?
I want Ferdinand to do all he can using every power he has as King to woo me. I want to make the men look stupid. I want to have a good time whilst in Navarre (almost like a vacation, with a tiny bit of business thrown in).

**8. What's in my way?
Ferdinand's pride (and other men's pride as well). Being lodged in the field. Daddy being ill is always on the backburner in my brain.

**9. How am I going to get it?
I will mock, play hard to get, insult, and flirt with Ferdinand to make him try his hardest to woo me. I will scheme and trick the men to make them look like idiots. I will enjoy the time I have with my ladies by mocking the men to have a good time in Navarre.

**10. How will I know when I've got it?
Ferdinand will openly confess his obvious love for me. The men will be tricked by our schemes and their stupidity (love is blinding) and we will admit to our plots. Laughing with my ladies about our mockery and trickery will show that we've had a good time whilst in Navarre.

There's my Uta Hagen stuff! If my goals/objectives for the overall play aren't active enough, Ian please feel free to comment and help me out.

Thanks!
Lindsey <3

2 comments: