Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Warning: Long Post, Character Centric Blather and Random Quatrains

Oh dear, it's 8:45, why am I posting this late? Nrrr, CSI on demand is the BANE OF MY MEMORIZING EXISTENCE. That, and Firefox's general stupidity.

ANYWAY. Today, not only was it a lot of fun, it gave me something CONSTRUCTIVE to blog about: (WARNING: I'm writing a lot, just to cement character ideas in my head. That, and so that I make sure I seriously make my thoughts make sense. It's a lot that I learned today, but it's also a lot about my character that I realized today, and if you don't want to read that you don't have to.)

I realized, while going through my scene, clowning with lines, how much of a CLOWN Nathanial is. I mean, I knew he was a "clown character", but he always seemed so straight laced, so tight. So very much unclownly. And then today happened, and I realized that he IS a clown, he's just a different kind. One, he LIVES to make Holofernes look good, and learn from him. (I've always seen the strange, almost love like infatuation with Holofernes Nat had, but it really took it to a different level here). Two, he really knows very little, and he learns a lot in the moments he spends with Holofernes. Three, he always says yes to anything Holofernes says. (Like the Nine Worthies. I don't think Nat'd be that... willing to get up and act, but since Holofernes wanted it, he did it.) That's the three rules of clowning, right there.

That, and there's also a strange level of thesis/antithesis going on with Holofernes and Nat and their respective clown personas. Especially considering Taylor's larger than life version. It's spectacular to witness.

That, and I need to remember to talk to Taylor tomorrow during a break. REMEMBER, HEAD. REMEMBER.

I'm in love with this class, and all of you people. I think I've found my home. I've really found the place where I belong in life.

TL;DR: I've had a revelation about character and clowns, and I want to hug you all.

Until The Fairest Moon Doth Rise Once More
Wherein I Shall Wax Poetic Language Twain
You Will See Tomorrow What I Have In Store
When Love's Labor's Won Is Mentioned Again

~Austin Dennis~

PS. To elaborate on my spontaneous quatrain, I've found I have an episode of Doctor Who on my iPod that deals with why Love's Labor's Won is a lost play. I'm bringing my iPod tomorrow to show you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment