Sunday, July 25, 2010

Uta, Uta, Uta, Uta (cult)

1) Who am I?
I am the illustrious Lord Biron. I am one of the King's confidants, yet it is one of the "keep your friends close, enemies closer" situations. I have a way with words and charisma to spare. I am a free thinker first and foremost. I will not be silenced, and if I don't like something, you'll be sure to know. Some would call me arrogant; I call it confidence.
2) Where am I?
I am in the kingdom of Navarre in France. It is a sprawling estate surrounded by green fields and fair weather. It is a playground of sorts for me. There are places only I know where I often sit and think. I can hide away from the world, unwind, be untouchable.
3) What time is it?
It is the present day. The Princess of France is coming as ambassador for her father. However, besides that political negotiation it is peace time. It is boring. And we all know people do stupid things when they're bored: the King of Navarre for example. He thinks he can take the next three years and swear off women!! And now we all have to suffer because his two other heads, Dumain and Logavaille, just fill his head with sycophancy and flattery.
4) What surrounds me?
I am surrounded by the castle, specifically the classroom in the castle. It was originally an old library, but Ferdinand, that is the King, thought it would be a great place to play school! Outside are the fields and my secret spots of solitude. I know all the ins and outs of this place. It is for that reason that I will surely break Ferdinand's edict without anyone catching on.
5) What is my relationship?
Ferdinand: pompous, airhead who doesn't deserve his power; thinks he knows better when he doesn't; ruins my life with his stupid edicts; I pretend to be friends with him out of simple necessity
Lords: hate them; they are childish, immature wannabes who simply do whatever Ferdinand says
Don Adriano De Armado: Do I really need to say anymore? No wonder why the French sided with Protestants during the Religious wars. The guy's freaking nuts!
Princess: She seems pretty stuck up and frigid to me, but if that is what Ferdinand likes...
Ladies: Rosaline is the only girl of worth that I see. She is beautiful, piercing, and ALMOST as quick-witted as me. She plays hard to get, and I like it!! The only weird thing is, I can help but feeling weak when I am around her. It is as if all my intelligence goes down the drain. Perhaps I am catching a cold?
Holofernes, Costard, Dull, Moth, Nathanial: Holofernes is a good teacher, and I like to impress her with my knowledge. My only problem is that her studies are the reason, Ferdinand has gotten so worked up! Nathanial is your typical pastor: stiff, annoying, and "holier than thou." Come to think of it, he probably suggested the no ladies clause be put in! He sure isn't gettin' any! Costard is a dumbass, and though I love him to death, he doesn't listen to directions and ruins my plans. I pity Moth because he has to watch over Don Adriano and make sure he doesn't play with scissors again.
6)What are my given circumstances?
Ferdinand has passed an edict that for three years we shall fast, study, and see no woman. I hate it. Why you should use swear to something that you know you'll break?! Luckily, I already know that ladies are coming, and they will be sure to make the lords and the king look like the fools I know them to be.
7) What do I want?
I want Rosaline to return my love. I want to see the King and his lords look like hypocrites. I want to know why I feel so sad and mopey all the time. I want to know why am I lost for words when I see Rosaline?! Me! Lost for words!
8) What is in my way?
A stupid edict. The letter for that I gave to Costard to be sent to Rosaline: how can I make them look like hypocrites if they know that I am one? My lack of experience in real, true love.
9)How am I going to get it?
I am going to use my secret hideouts and knowledge of the estate to sneakily send my love poems to Rosaline. I am going to use those same hideouts to spy on the Ferdinand and his Lords. I am going to confess my love to Rosaline.
10)How will I know when I have got it?
Rosaline will be in my arms; the king and lords will be begging me for forgiveness; and I will have realized what has always felt missing in my life: love!

No comments:

Post a Comment